Last Updated: 23 Sep 2019
What am I Reading?
- Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City
- A Field Guide to American Houses (Revised): The Definitive Guide to Identifying and Understanding America’s Domestic Architecture
- The Model Thinker: What You Need to Know to Make Data Work for You
- The Road to Reality: A Complete Guide to the Laws of the Universe
- Why Information Grows: The Evolution of Order, from Atoms to Economies
What has been recommended to me?
- China’s Great Wall of Debt: Shadow Banks, Ghost Cities, Massive Loans, and the End of the Chinese Miracle
- Debt – Updated and Expanded: The First 5,000 Years
- Home Repair Wisdom & Know-How: Everything You Need to Know to Fix, Maintain, and Improve Your Home
- Math with Bad Drawings: Illuminating the Ideas That Shape Our Reality
- The Mythical Man-Month, Anniversary Edition: Essays On Software Engineering
- The Way We Eat Now: How the Food Revolution Has Transformed Our Lives, Our Bodies, and Our World
What have I read?
What would I recommend to a friend?
- After On
- Alchemy: The Dark Art and Curious Science of Creating Magic in Brands, Business, and Life
- Antifragile: Things That Gain from Disorder (Incerto)
- Folks, This Ain’t Normal: A Farmer’s Advice for Happier Hens, Healthier People, and a Better World
- Loonshots: How to Nurture the Crazy Ideas That Win Wars, Cure Diseases, and Transform Industries
- The Pragmatic Programmer: From Journeyman to Master
- Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers
- What I Eat: Around the World in 80 Diets
- The 4-Hour Chef: The Simple Path to Cooking Like a Pro, Learning Anything, and Living the Good Life
How do we grow food?
- Dirt to Soil: One Family’s Journey into Regenerative Agriculture
- Growing a Revolution: Bringing Our Soil Back to Life
- The Third Plate: Field Notes on the Future of Food
How do we cook food?
- Home Made
- Japanese Farm Food
- Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly
- My New Roots: Inspired Plant-Based Recipes for Every Season
- Six Seasons: A New Way with Vegetables
How should I spend my time and money?
- An Economist Gets Lunch: New Rules for Everyday Foodies
- Dollars and Sense: How We Misthink Money and How to Spend Smarter
- Fooled by Randomness: The Hidden Role of Chance in Life and in the Markets (Incerto)
- I Will Teach You To Be Rich
- The Ascent of Money: A Financial History of the World
- The Intelligent Investor: The Classic Text on Value Investing
- A Short History of Nearly Everything
- At Home: A Short History of Private Life
- Nothing to Envy: Ordinary Lives in North Korea
How do people live now?
- Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World
- Discipline Equals Freedom
- How to be a Happier Parent: Raising a Family, Having a Life, and Loving (Almost) Every Minute
- The Bed of Procrustes: Philosophical and Practical Aphorisms (Incerto)
- The Effective Executive: The Definitive Guide to Getting the Right Things Done
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing
- What Doesn’t Kill Us: How Freezing Water, Extreme Altitude, and Environmental Conditioning Will Renew Our Lost Evolutionary Strength
- The Book of Why: The New Science of Cause and Effect
- Dataclysm: Who We Are (When We Think No One’s Looking)
- Deep: Freediving, Renegade Science, and What the Ocean Tells Us about Ourselves
- Homo Deus: A Brief History of Tomorrow
- Scale: The Universal Laws of Growth, Innovation, Sustainability, and the Pace of Life in Organisms, Cities, Economies, and Companies
- The Most Human Human: What Talking with Computers Teaches Us About What It Means to Be Alive
- The Undoing Project: A Friendship That Changed Our Minds
- This View of Life: Completing the Darwinian Revolution
What might become real?
- Seveneves: A Novel
- Stories of Your Life and Others
- The Martian: A Novel
- The Millennial Project: Colonizing the Galaxy in Eight Easy Steps
- The Three-Body Problem (Remembrance of Earth’s Past)
- The Dark Forest (Remembrance of Earth’s Past Book 2)